Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Updated Action Research Plan

I did not have a lot of changes other than adding some student interest surveys in to simply have more data. These will not change my results since I am simply searching for number driven data. Please feel free to add more responses. From my weekly assignment: 


I was a little surprised that I received so many depressing comments on the discussion board, most of them questioning how I could withhold technology from my students. I thought about writing a response but decided to see how any of the responses affect my research plan. I found no reason to change my plan based on the discussion board comments since I am withhold technology for testing methods and these are not devices that belong to the district, they are my personal property.
I answered some questions about strategy usage that I did not add to my original plan. My students will be using their strategies because they will have the story we are working on with them. These stories come from a text book so I will be wasting no more additional paper and they will be able to use all of the strategies that we have worked on. I was also asked about student engagement but decided since I wanted my data to be about the testing numbers, I would ask about engagement but would not use it in my results except as a note. Other than that I received no other comments about my plan and after discussing with my site mentor, we have decided to keep it as it currently is.

No comments:

Post a Comment