Saturday, September 3, 2011

EDLD 5301 Week 2 Reflection

    This week gave many ideas for reflection due to the sheer amount of material covered. In the Dana text, we covered the nine main ideas for research for leaders. My main focus would be on the ideas of professional development and the school community. I feel that we must take the time to make sure that educators are being challenged and developed in a manner that they feel like they are growing as educators. I also like the ideas of campuses being united by one common theme or idea that all of the students can relate to.
    I was also able to choose a theme for my action research paper this week. My action research project will be to determine the effects of classroom response systems, specifically the i<clicker system, on literacy testing of a third grade class throughout the year. I would like to see if constant, instant feedback will play a part in test scores. I believe that this project will make students more aware of their thinking patterns and modify their thinking to improve their learning. I also believe that the introduction to a new technology as well as using pencil and paper will inspire more engagement. I believe that these students will have higher test averages than students in the previous year comparing benchmark data.

No comments:

Post a Comment